Fitz Brut (2012)

Fitz Brut (2012)

The 2012 vintage was a not-too-hot, not-too-cool one; just right. What that gives us in the vineyard is the opportunity to let the fruit hang on the vine until ideal maturity. This is something we look out for in all our wines, but especially the sparkling. The 2012 Fitz Brut is a Pinot Noir dominant blend at 69% with the remaining 31% as Chardonnay. We barrel fermented 100% of the wine in neutral oak to build texture and body, but without adding any oak characteristics. We aged Fitz Brut a minimum of 36 months on lees. It’s a bright, crisp wine with precision and real intensity.

In Stock
Add To Cart
$32.50
/ 750ml
SKU: 993824
Wine Specs
Vintage
2012
Harvest Date
September 23, 2012
Acid
9.8
pH
3.08
Aging
Five months in barrel, and a minimum of 36 months on lees in bottle.
Fermentation
18 days in 100% neutral oak
Bottling Date
June 8, 2016
Residual Sugar
5.5
Alcohol %
12.5
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Made in an aperitif style, the 2012 Brut is a vibrant, even energetic wine. Look for green apple, a little lime zest and tingly acidity on the palate, even a little chalk. There's just a bit of Cha Siu Bao (for the dim sum lovers out there) on the nose, a characteristic that will evolve as the 2012 Brut ages under cork.
Vineyard Notes
The Pinot Noir is harvested from Block 1 which is a Ratnip soil type. The Chardonnay is harvested from Block 10 which is classified as Greata soil type.
Production Notes
68.6% Pinot Noir. 31.4% Chardonnay.
Food Pairing Notes
It's a versatile wine that would work well at the beginning of a meal, in between courses, with food, or even as a digestif at the end. If we had to pick one classic pairing with the 2012 Brut, we'd go with oysters. BC, of course.
Production
Just 380 cases.