FITZPATRICK FAMILY VINEYARDS
Health & Safety Guidelines
Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards (FFV) has developed the following COVID -19 Safety plan that outlines the policies and guidelines to ensure the safety of all guests and employees that work and visit our winery, tasting room and vineyard property. We thank you in advance for working with us to help keep our community safe.
• Have been trained on proper sanitization and personal hygiene requirements consistent with the BC Centre for Disease Control.
• Have been trained on the symptom criteria for COVID-19 and the importance of not coming to work sick.
• Required to inform management of any flu-like symptoms & quarantine for 14 days.
• Operating hours to allow for one-team shift per day which will be held outside where risk is lower.
• Maintain a two-metre distance from other workers and guests. If this cannot be maintained a mask or shield will be worn.
• Avoid coming in on days off.
• Instructed to wash hands frequently and between all tastings. Additionally, hands must be washed after using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, going on a break and before or after starting a shift.
• Must sanitize the tasting space between each customer including counters, plexiglass, and iPads.
• One staff member (concierge) per shift dedicated to frequently sanitizing all high touch surfaces and washrooms.
• Designated work zones have been created to ensure social distancing.
Tasting Room and Entranceway:
• Signage posted promoting two metre distancing.
. • Concierge to welcome guests and manage flow.
• Reservations are highly recommended. Walk-in tastings available only when space and time permits.
• Guests must use hand sanitizer provided prior to entry. Hand sanitizer also to be placed in other locations such as tasting bars, at the sales counter, for staff and customer use.
• Concierge will collect contact information for one party member of each tasting and retain this information for 30 days.
• Signage posted prior to entry asking guests if they have travelled internationally in the last 14 days or are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
• Signage posted promoting physical distancing and floor markers used for potential sales stand and purchasing line ups.
• Maximum 6 guests per tasting.
•2 designated tasting stations. One outside on the patio and one in the gathering room where the doors can be open to promote air flow.
• Tasting stations and host separated by 2m so that distancing between parties is maintained. When not possible masks will be worn.
• Monitor the number of customers and staff on premise continuously throughout the day.
• Glassware will be sanitized in our restaurant grade dishwasher after each use.
• All contact surfaces to be sanitized before and after each tasting, including seating, tables, menus, plexiglass, iPads and Moneris machine.
• Bottles are not to touch glassware during pouring to avoid cross contamination.
• Individual disposable cups offered for use as spittoons.
• Debit or credit card purchases only. No cash. All POS systems will be cleaned down after every use.
• FFV will continue to offer online or telephone orders with delivery or curbside pick up.
• Signage posted to promote 2 metre physical distancing.
• Decals on floor where lineups may occur (purchasing desks)
• Plexiglass has been installed at purchasing desks.
• Encourage contactless payment systems. Tap used were possible. No cash transactions.
• Physical barriers used between staff and customers at purchasing station. Staff to collect wines and merchandise for purchasing. Customers are not to help themselves.
• Regular sanitization of frequently used surfaces.
• Doors will be open for increased ventilation when possible.